HVAC Tips And Tricks. As a homeowner in Texas, one of the most important things you need to ensure is always in tip-top condition is your home heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Proper maintenance of your HVAC system will make certain that your system runs smoothly and efficiently. This is especially key during the warmest months of the year when air conditioning is needed around the clock.
Here are five HVAC tips and tricks specifically for Texans:
- Keep your air filters clean. In Texas, dust and pollen are common, especially in the spring and summer, and can quickly clog up your air filters. Dirty air filters can restrict airflow and reduce your HVAC system’s efficiency. Make sure to check your filters regularly and clean or replace them as needed, at least every three months, or more frequently if you have allergies or respiratory health issues.
- Use ceiling fans. Ceiling fans can help circulate air and make your home feel cooler without actually lowering the temperature. Make sure your ceiling fans are rotating in a counterclockwise direction during the summer months to create a cooling breeze.
- Seal air leaks. In Texas, hot air can seep into your home through small gaps and cracks in your windows, doors, and ductwork. Sealing these air leaks can help keep your home cooler and reduce your energy bills.
- Check the thermostat. A faulty thermostat takes away the ability to control and regulate the temperature conditions inside your house. Make sure your thermostat is working properly to avoid wasting energy and money.
- Use shade to your advantage. Shading your windows and outdoor HVAC unit can help reduce the amount of heat that enters your home. Installing window coverings inside and sheltering the HVAC unit with nearby trees or screens/shades outside can help keep your home cooler and reduce your energy bills.
*** BONUS: Get regular HVAC maintenance. Regular professional HVAC system maintenance is key. It can help prevent breakdowns and keep your system running efficiently, especially your air conditioner during the hottest times of the year in Texas. If your current HVAC system is old or operating inefficiently, it may be time to upgrade to a more energy-efficient system. Schedule a professional HVAC tune-up now to ensure your current system can handle the heat or to choose a new, high-efficiency system and schedule installation as soon as possible.
HVAC Tips And Tricks. Do you have HVAC-related questions, but no answers? Do you need more HVAC maintenance tips in Texas? All you have to do is reach out to the experienced heating and cooling specialists at The Coolest LLC to get the information you need. The Coolest, your go-to HVAC installation and maintenance company based in Austin, employs skilled technicians who can address any concerns you have regarding your home HVAC system. The experts at The Coolest are the competent professionals you need when it comes to temperature and comfort in your home–they can help you with everything from HVAC installation to regularly scheduled maintenance. Contact The Coolest LLC at any time via their website or by calling 512-468-6140 Monday through Sunday between 8 am and 8 pm for advice, information, and free estimates.
by Erika Mehlhaff