Commercial HVAC Maintenance. Reliable commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are essential for Texas businesses. Commercial HVAC maintenance is the process of regularly inspecting, cleaning, and servicing HVAC systems in commercial buildings to ensure they are in good working order–proper maintenance is necessary to keep commercial HVAC systems running efficiently and effectively throughout every season.
Commercial maintenance can help prevent breakdowns, reduce energy consumption, and extend the life of the HVAC system. It is important to schedule maintenance with professional HVAC technicians who have a checklist of tasks for keeping commercial HVAC equipment in tip-top shape. Here are some of the tasks the pros will complete during maintenance:
- Inspecting air filters: Dirty air filters can restrict airflow and reduce an HVAC system’s overall efficiency. The filters need to be cleaned or replaced on a consistent basis, especially if they become clogged quickly. Inspecting and cleaning/replacing air filters to ensure proper airflow and improve indoor air quality is a cornerstone task of proper maintenance.
- Cleaning of condenser coils: Grimy condenser coils also can reduce the efficiency of a commercial HVAC system. Cleaning the coils to remove as much dirt and debris as possible is important since it can impede airflow. This task should be done annually or more often, as necessary
- Monitoring refrigerant levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause an HVAC system to work harder than it should be required. An overworked commercial HVAC system can have a shorter-than-average lifespan and can yield increased energy costs. Regularly checking and topping up refrigerant levels is needed to ensure proper operation.
- Inspecting ductwork: Filthy and/or damaged ductwork can lead to poor indoor air quality and reduced efficiency of a commercial HVAC system. Inspecting ductwork regularly is critical when it comes to preventing contamination and damage–any obstructions that can cause poor airflow and inefficiency need to be remedied by cleaning or replacement of the ducting.
- Checking electrical connections: Loose or damaged electrical connections can cause heating and cooling malfunctions. Checking and tightening the connections to ensure they are secure and working properly is important to avoid this. Further, testing and calibrating system components including thermostats and controls is also a key task.
- Scheduling professional commercial HVAC maintenance: Professional commercial maintenance is indispensable. A knowledgeable, professional HVAC technician can identify and address issues that may not be obvious or recognizable to a nonexpert.
Regularly scheduled maintenance performed by licensed and trained professionals is prudent and advised by reputable HVAC maintenance professionals. By scheduling professional maintenance, businesses can ensure their commercial HVAC systems run as they should for as long as possible.
If you need professional Austin, TX commercial maintenance by checklist, look no further than The Coolest LLC. The Coolest is the HVAC installation and maintenance company you need for your commercial maintenance. The skilled team of experienced specialists is ready to assist you with all your commercial HVAC needs; their top-quality, focused commercial maintenance cost is worth every penny since the Texas climate puts so much stress and strain on heating and cooling systems all year round. Contact The Coolest LLC via their website or by calling 512-468-6140 to address all your heating and cooling questions.
by Erika Mehlhaff